Student Newspaper Articles
If You Played Christmas Songs... by Grace Gorton
Hate hearing Christmas music before the holiday season? You’re not alone, Scrooge. Well, we all know a few people who listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving.
Gun Violence and Safety, by Cali Leng
Gun safety has been an issue in the U.S, and many other countries for some time now. Many people feel that the age restriction to purchase firearms should be raised;
Harry Potter Celebrates 20 Years of Magic, by Georgia Hamilton
This past summer, the beloved magical book series Harry Potter turned 20 years old. The author, J.K. Rowling, started writing the first book when she was delayed on a train.
Local Politicians Share Their View on Education, by: Emma Walters
These are two local politicians that have shared their view on education with me. Tracy Richardson, an Ohio state representative, supports the work of teachers in the classroom and wants every student to succeed in school.
New Veterans Memorial In Columbus Ohio, by Ryan McGinley
There are more than 20 million veterans living in the United States. Those 20 million plus are from the veterans in the 1900s to just coming home from Afghanistan.
Should the Browns’ Owner Buy the Columbus Crew? by Leah Nicol
The Columbus Crew SC could have been and still might become, Austin FC. The owner of the Crew, Anthony Precourt, wants to move the MLS team to Austin, Texas.
Should Valentine’s Day Be A Holiday? by: Ricky Sinclair
Valentine’s Day is a holiday about giving letters and sweets to your boo, and showing love to friends and family. Some people think Valentine’s Day shouldn’t be a holiday, but I think that Valentine’s Day should be a holiday, and here’s why.
Teenage Rights and Laws, by: Taylor Andrews
Some laws surrounding teenage rights are about finances, education, appearance, speech, and health. Some of these laws I agree with and some are substandard. These laws affect most people under 18 in the US, and there are five of them I will look at.
The Life of George H. W. Bush, by: Drew Rausch
As many of you may know by now the United States 41st President has passed away at age 94. He died in Houston, Texas. He lived in Midland, Texas. He served for 4 years as president and accomplished a lot.
The New Veterans Memorial in Columbus, Ohio, by: Eli Thrush
There is a new Veterans Memorial in Columbus, Ohio, near the Scioto River. It is called “National Veterans Memorial and Museum”. To be exact, the address is 300 West Broad Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215. The late John Glenn envisioned the memorial in 2012, and it opened to the public on October 27, 2018.
Urban Meyer Will Retire After The Rose Bowl 2019, by: Matthew Griffin
Ohio State Buckeyes Head Coach, Urban Meyer, is planning on retiring after the Buckeyes play in the Rose Bowl against Washington. The new Buckeye coach will be the current offensive coordinator and quarterback coach, Ryan Day.
- Hurricane Michael Hits with Fury, by Mya Balderson
- When Will Mcdonald’s Release Their Pumpkin Spice Products? by Georgia Hamilton
- Bald Eagles In Union County, by Leah Nicol
- 2019 DC Trip for St. John’s School In Question, by Taylor Andrews
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes, by Cali Leng
- Fairbanks Panthers Lose To the Greenon Knights, by Eli Thrush
- Dubinsky Out Due To Injury, by Gavin Landry
- A.I. Robot Tested By Britain For Warfare, by Matthew R Griffin
- Being a System IT Architect, by Richard Sinclair
- The Bazaar Problem, by Dominic Alton
- St.John’s Volleyball Tournament, by Anna Lynch
- Country Music Star Coming to Our Neck of the Woods, by Grace. C. Gorton
- Is the China-America Trade War a Good or Bad Thing? by Drew Rausch
- Uptown Friday Night, by Leo Rausch
- Private Schools Lacking Christian Options, by Emma. F. Walters