St. John's Sports
Sports Calendar-To view the sports calendar click here.
Interscholastic athletics can be an extension of the classroom. Courts, fields, courses, and tracks are merely environmental changes that continue the goal of education. St. John's Lutheran School engages in athletics to accomplish the following:
- Further develop technically correct physical skills
- Promote Christian sportsmanship and fellowship
- Promote respect for and acceptance of authority
- Promote cooperation with other individuals in a team effort
- Perseverance through time and team commitments
- Enjoy participation in athletics now and in the future
- Learn self-control in emotional situations
- Learn appropriate acceptance of victory and defeat
St. John’s is a member of the Central Ohio Athletic League, offering the following sports for students in the 5th through 8th grades:
- Boys Basketball (5-8 grade, Winter)
- Girls Basketball (5-8 grade, Winter)
- Girls Volleyball (5-8 grade, Fall)
- Coed Soccer (5-8 grade, Fall)
- Coed Golf (5-8 grade, Fall)
- Coed Track (5-8 grade, Spring)
- Girls Cheerleading (5-8 grade, Winter)
*Grade Guidelines are subject to change based on size of roster
All students must have a current physical on file with the Athletic Director before any type of participation can take place. Please schedule an appointment with a doctor or make a walk-in appointment at a clinic to ensure participation on the first day of practice.
St. John’s Athletic Boosters exist to support and promote the athletic program by sponsoring fund raisers, administering home athletic contests, and in many other ways.