Background Check Policy and Instructions
A background must be completed for any family member or friend that would be attending a class or school event that would be participating or assigned the responsible of caring for or the transportation of students not directly in the care of the teacher. (Field Trips)
- A background check will only be conducted every three years on an individual who has already had a check completed. This fits with policies established with other volunteer organizations.
- All new enrolled preschool and day school chaperones must complete a background check before their first event.
- The fee to cover this expense is paid by the school as part of your commitment fee.
Please follow the simple process and register directly with Intellicorp:
Directions for set up:(I respectfully ask that you complete the following steps ONLY if you are planning on chaperoning for a class event-please do NOT complete if you are not planning on being a chaperone this year)
1. Log on to http://stjohnsvol.volunteerportal.net
2. Enter the password on the Welcome Page: wonby1!!
3. Enter Personal Information
a. All fields marked with a "*" are required.
4. Click Next and review all information to ensure its accuracy before proceeding.
a. If you Quit with clicking Save, the system will not save your information. Your background check will not run. You will need to start over from the beginning when you return.
b. If you click Save before you Quit, you will be provided with a reference code to enter when you return to the site pick you where you left off.
i. When returning to the site, click on this link on the Welcome Page: "If you are returning to finish a previous search, then click here."
ii. Enter your last name and reference number to resume your previous search.
5. Click Complete