Academics & Curriculum
In keeping with the objectives of St. John's Lutheran School, the curriculum is based upon the Word of God. This Word of God is the center upon which all instruction is based.
Courses of Study
- Religion: Bible study, Bible history, church history, memory work, worship
- ELA: Reading, phonics, literature, English (grammar, composition, spelling, handwriting)
- Mathematics: Arithmetic, mathematics, Pre-Algebra, Algebra I
- Social Studies: Geography, history, citizenship, current events, civics, government, Ohio History
- Science: General Science, environmental
- Art: Drawing, appreciation, varied media, and crafts
- Music: Vocal, theory, appreciation, a variety of opportunities in music include choir and band instruction
- Physical Education: Bodily strength and skills, rhythm, recreation
- Sports: Boys – Soccer, Basketball, Track, Golf
- Sports: Girls – Soccer, Basketball, Volleyball, Track, Golf, Cheerleading
Evaluation and Promotion
Report cards are issued after each nine week period, four times yearly. Parents are asked to review the report cards and to notify the teachers involved of any concerns. Grade reports are available on Gradelink at all times to inform the parents of their child's academic status.
Evaluation will be based upon class work, effort, and achievement tests. In the case of doubtful progress, the parents will be consulted in regards to possible retention. The parents have the final word in regards to promotion or retention.