Background Check Policy and Instructions
A background must be completed for any family member or friend that would be attending a class or school event that would be participating or assigned the responsible of caring for or the transportation of students not directly in the care of the teacher. (Field Trips)
- A background check will only be conducted every three years on an individual who has already had a check completed. This fits with policies established with other volunteer organizations.
- All new enrolled preschool and day school chaperones must complete a background check before their first event.
- The fee to cover this expense is paid by the school as part of your commitment fee.
Please follow the simple process and register directly with Intellicorp:
Directions for setup:(I respectfully ask that you complete the following steps ONLY if you are planning on chaperoning for a class event-please do NOT complete if you are not planning on being a chaperone this year)
- Log on to http://stjohnsvol.volunteerportal.net
- Enter the password on the Welcome Page: wonby1!!
- Enter Personal Information
- a. All fields marked with a "*" are required.
- Click Next and review all information to ensure its accuracy before proceeding.
- If you Quit with clicking Save, the system will not save your information. Your background check will not run. You will need to start over from the beginning when you return.
- If you click Save before you Quit, you will be provided with a reference code to enter when you return to the site pick you where you left off.
- When returning to the site, click on this link on the Welcome Page: "If you are returning to finish a previous search, then click here."
- Enter your last name and reference number to resume your previous search.
- Click Complete